The new (since September 2016) area: hangars + outdoor exhibition. Some hangars were built temporarily for the exhibition «The Army Forum-2016», but most of the rooms available for tourists (see combined tours). It also temporarily (? or permanently) is the new location of the tank museum’s collection — German and Soviet tanks of the Second World War and the soviet paratrooper AV. Some rooms are used once a year to showcase the products of military-industrial complex (tank simulators, military production plants — see forum «Army 2016»). Hall of Military Aerospace Technology General Command promised to leave permanently for the visitor access.
The structure of Air-space sector (location at September 2016)
Hangars (more that 14)
- Airborne, paratrooper hangar VDV-1 hall N 6 (cold war/ modern tank museum collection + other miltary units exhibits)
- Soviet/ Russian airborne military trucks/cars hall VDV-2, hall N 7
- «Great Patriotic War begin«: 1941 soviet / german tanks & AV hall, «Battle for Moscow» etc. (tank museum collection), hall N8
- «The battle for Stalingrad» hall N9 (1942 AV’s, tank museum collection)
- «Battle for Kursk/ Prokhorovka» WWII: 1943 german/ soviet hall N10 (etc., tank museum exhibits)
- «Liberation» World War Two 1944-1945 armored vehicles hall N11 («Battle for Berlin» etc., tank museum collection)
- «WWII Echo» — hall N12 German/ Japan/ Soviet AV found on the battlefields + Japan Army exhibition
- different halls (nuclear etc.)
- Tanks and BMP simulators, hall N 4 military production plants (? temporarily)
- Airforces hangar — VVS hall N3 (? temporarily), no longer, see bellow..
- Military cars/ trucks, hall N3 (since 2017)
- Ballistic missile defense / air defense (PRO/ PVO) hall N2 (? temporarily)
- Aerospace hall N1 (piloted vehicles inc. Moon, photo-reconnaissance and communication satellites)
Outdoor exhibition of Aerospace sector
- soviet/ Russian tanks since T-64 till T-80
- special soviet/ Russian armored vehicles: engineering, chemical, gasoline supply etc.
- soviet / Russian anti-craft systems (PVO) C-300, C-400 etc.
- soviet / Russian aircraft’s and helicopters
- soviet/ Russian navy
How to visit, the guided tours from Moscow
The access is restricted, the military area. Excursion for all hangars takes since 4 hours and more and may be whole day …
- Air-space sector guided tour: tankmuseum-2 + auto/truck + airspace hall + AV/Navy outdoor exhibition (whole day tour from Moscow- recommended), learn more…
- Tank museum combined tour: tankmuseum-HQ + Air-space sector (as 2nd site with express-excursion after Kubinka tour from Moscow), learn more…