Tank Museum in Kubinka collection of the exhibits , N6 Pavilion (armored vehicles of Nazi Germany — Third Reich)
German super heavy tank «Maus» («Mouse», «Mousy» ) , 1944, a small serie — a top heavy WWII tank
Designed in 1944. Issued three prototypes (? Two and a one prototype). On arms it was not involved. not be used in combat.
Super heavy tank PzKpfw VIII Maus
Tactical technical characteristics of tank «Maus»:
- Weight — 180 tons
- Crew — 6 people
- Overall dimensions (length x width x height) — 10000 x 3710 x 3700 mm.
- Weaponry: cannon — N 1, caliber — 128 mm., amunition — 25 shots
- cannon — N2 , caliber — 75 mm., amunition — 28 shots
- machine gun — 2 pieces, caliber — 7,92 mm.
- The armor protection: front — 200 mm., turret — 210 mm.
- Engine power — 1750 hp
- Maximum speed — 25 km / h
- Cruising on the highway — up to 190 km.
- Under water droving — OPVT system
Mouse tank design features:
Base — the original
The overall layout — the engine mounted on the tank axis between the control room and the fighting compartment; the drive wheels are rear.
Weapons — Cannon caliber 128 mm, coupled with a 75 mm caliber gun and a machine gun; a sight periscope; there is, in addition to mechanical, electromechanical a drive turret.
Protection — housing welded from the rolled sheets; Chassis protected by the front and the sides of the screens 100 mm.
Chassis — a special motor (modification of aircraft type); a electromechanical power transmission; There are multi- roller caterpillar mover; suspension spring; Average specific pressure of 1.4 kg / cm2.