Soviet classification: German self-propelled gun SU-75 on the basis of T-IV,
1942, serial (the official catalog)
Third Reich name — Jagdpanzer IV or JagdPz IV — tank destroyer based on the Panzer IV chassis , Nazi service name — Sd.Kfz.162
Designed in 1942. Serially produced from 1943 to 1945. Operated by the army of Nazi Germany. He participated in the battles of the Second World War.
Jagdpanzer IV/70 ‘Lang’ in Kubinka tank museum
Tactical technical characteristics of Jagdpanzer IV/70
- Weight — 26 tons*
- crew — 4 people
- Overall dimensions (length x width x height) — 8010 х 2.880 х 1985 mm.
- Weaponry, gun — 1 piece, caliber — 75 mm., ammunition — 60 shots
- machine gun — 1 piece, caliber — 7,92 mm., ammunition — 3000 shots
- Armory protection, front of the corps and turret — 70 mm.
- Engine power — 300 hp
- Maximum speed — 45 km / h
- Cruising on the highway — up to 200 km.
- Depth overcome the water barrier — 1.1 meters
Base –tank Panzer IV.
The overall layout — typical for self-propelled units. Engine compartment behind the gear in front, fighting in the center.
Armament — antitank gun installed on the machine. Protection — housing welded from rolled parts.
Chassis — Carburetor engine «Maybach» HL-120; Average ground pressure of 1 kg / cm «; there is a radio station, tank intercom.
*Data provided by V.Bryzgov (ex. tank museum officer) that diverge from the Western sources