Tank museum in Kubinka, N6 Pavilion exhibits (Auto and armored Nazi Germany — Third Reich)
German light tank T-IIb (SdKfz121), 1938, serial (official catalogue)
The tank was developed in 1938 by «Mann» company. Serially produced from 1938 to 1940. Operated by the army of Nazi Germany. It participated in the battles of the Second World War.
Light tank PzKpfw II Ausf.F
Tactical technical characteristics of tank T-IIb:
- Weight — 9,5 tons
- Crew — 3 people
- Overall dimensions (length x width x height), — 4640 х 2250 х 1975 mm.
- Weaponry: cannon 1 piece, caliber — 20 mm., ammunition — 180 shots
- machine gun — 1 piece, caliber — 7,92 mm., ammunition — 1425 shots
- The armor protection, front — 30 mm., turret — 15 mm.
- Engine power — 140 hp
- Maximum speed — 45 km / h
- Cruising on the highway — up to 200 km.
- Depth overcome the water barrier — 0.8 meters
T-IIb tank design features:
Base — the original, the same for all models of light tanks «II» series
The overall layout — the power plant at the back, power transmission and drive wheels — at the front; single turret.
Armament — 20-mm automatic gun, coupled with a 7.92-mm machine gun; telescopic sight. Protection — housing welded by the rolled armor plates; to protect the viewing devices there are the armored covers.
Chassis — Carburetor engine «Maybach» HL-62 with 140 horsepower; Average specific ground pressure 0.70 kg / cm2; there is a radio station and tank intercom.