Kubinka tank museum in Kubinka, Hall N6 (Auto and armored Nazi Germany — Third Reich) exhibits
German medium tank Panzer III J (soviet classification T-III) or Panzerkampfwagen III, 1940, serial
The official German ordnance designation — Sd.Kfz. 141 (Sonderkraftfahrzeug)
The tank was developed in 1936 by «Daimler-Benz». Produced in various versions as the standard from 1939 to 1943. Operated by the army of Nazi Germany. It participated in the battles of the Second World War.
Kubinka collection sample is (?) Panzer III Ausf. J — (Hull and turret front armour increased to solid 50 mm plate, with 5 cm KwK 39 L/60 gun
Panzer III Ausf. J
Tactical technical characteristics of Panzer III:
- Weight — 21.5 tons
- Crew — 5 people
- Overall dimensions (length x width x height) — 6150 х 2950 х 2490 mm.
- Weaponry: gun — 1 piece, caliber — 50 mm., ammunition — 99 shots
- machine gun — 2 pieces, caliber — 7,92 mm., ammunition — 2000 shots
- Armor protection, corps and turret -50 mm.,
- Engine power — 300 hp
- Maximum speed — 50 km / h
- Cruising on the highway — up to 175 km
- Depth overcome the water barrier — OPVT system
Panzer III design features:
Base — the original, the same for all versions of the medium tanks «III» series.
The overall layout — power plant located behind power transmission and drive wheels — front.
Armament — a long-barreled gun, there is a ventilation system of the powder gases. Armory protection — housing welded from the rolled armor parts.
Chassis — Carburetor engine «Maybach» HL — 120, the average ground pressure — 1 kg / cm; there is a radio station and tank intercom; structure equipped to overcome water obstacles.