Soviet classification, the official catalog — German self-propelled howitzer SU-150
1943 1942 (assault howitzer based on the T-III), serial ()
the Third Reich name — Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33 Ausf.B or reduced StuIG 33B — Assault infantry gun on the basis of the self-propelled guns StuG III, by installing 15 cm heavy infantry howitzer sIG 33.
Sometime it named as — Sturmpanzer III, Sturmpanzer 33B или Sturmgeschütz 33B (StuG 33B).
Developed in 1941-42 by AIkett firm. 24 Total production units, but remained the only one. Actively used in the Battle for Stalingrad
StuIG 33B in Kubinka tank collection
Tactical technical characteristics of StuIG 33B*:
- Weight —
25tonnes (Kubinka catalogue) 21 tonnes (international sourcers)
- Crew — 5 people
- Overall dimensions (length x width x height)— 5480 х 2950 х 2450 mm
- Weaponry: gun (howitzer)— 1 piece, caliber 150 mm., ammunition — 24 shots (as catalogue — 30)
- machine gun — 1 piece, caliber — 7,92 mm., ammunition 2000 shots (Kubinka), 600 (International)
- Armory protection, front — 50 mm, turret — 80 mm
- Engine power — 300 hp
- Maximum speed — 20 km / h (international sources)
- Cruising on the highway — up to 110 km..
- Depth overcome the water barrier — 1.1 meters.
Base — tank Panzer III
The overall layout: the engine compartment behind the front gear, the combat and the control -in the middle
Weapons —howitzer, a panoramic target sight RbIF 36
Armored protection— compared to the base tank frontal turret armored sheet has a slope of 10 degrees
Chassis — Carburetor engine Maybach HL 120TRM, 12-cylinder, carburetor, V-type, liquid cooling, the average ground pressure of 1 kg / cm. There is a radio station and a tank intercom